1. Beet greens - 1 bunch
2. Onion - 1 small sized
3. Coconut - 1/4 cup grated
4. Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Garlic - 1 clove
7. Green chillies - 1 or 2
8. Oil - 1 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Wash the beet leaves(including the stem) and chop them finely.
2. Take coconut, cumin seeds, garlic and green chillies in a mixer and pulse for few seconds to make a coarse mixture.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
4. Add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
5. Add finely chopped greens and salt to taste. Cover and cook for couple of minutes.
6. Add coarse coconut mixture and mix well. Cook for couple of minutes and now it is ready to serve.
Serve as a side dish for rice.