1. Bajji Mulaku/Banana Peppers - 5 nos.
2. Besan/Chickpea flour - 1 cup
3. Carom seeds/Ajwain - 1 teaspoon
4. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
5. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
6. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
7. Rice flour - 1 tablespoon
8. Salt to taste
9. Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and give a slit to the peppers lengthwise. Remove the seeds if you need the bajjis to be less spicy.
2. Mix all the ingredients except peppers and oil into a thick batter.
3. Heat oil for deep frying on medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, dip each of the peppers in batter and carefully drop in oil. Fry on medium flame until bajjis turn golden brown in colour. Drain off excess oil on a paper towel.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.