- Wheat flour - 3/4 cup
- Ragi flour - 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 5 tablespoon
- Salt - a pinch
- Butter - for making pancakes - around 2 tablespoon
- Sieve the dry ingredients - wheat flour, ragi flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together milk, yogurt and vanilla essence.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches and mix well.
- Heat a skillet, add 1/2 teaspoon butter and spread a ladle of pancake batter. Cook on medium flame on both sides.
- Cook the rest of the batter in a similar way.
- Drizzle honey/maple syrup and garnish with fresh fruits.
I made this recipe as part of the "Shh Cooking Secretly" event. This is an event started by Priya of Priya's Versatile Recipe and now being taken forward by Mayuri of Mayuri's Jikoni. At the beginning of the month a theme is chosen by one of the participants and all the participants are grouped in pairs. The participants will exchange 2 secret ingredients with their partners who are suppose to prepare a dish that matches the theme of that month. This month's theme is pancakes and it was chosen by Archana Gunjikar Potdar of "The Mad Scientist's Kitchen". My partner for this month is Poonam Bachhav and she shared cocoa powder and ragi as my secret ingredients and I shared her potatoes and green chillies as her ingredients. She made Potato Pancakes which is vegan and gluten-free and very easy to make. Do visit her blog "Annapurna" to find the complete recipe.