1. Raw Banana/Plantain - 2
2. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
3. Salt to taste - around 1.5 teaspoon
4. Oil for deep frying
5. Water at room temperature - around 3 cups
1. Take water in a large bowl and add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well to dissolve the salt.
2. Wash and remove the skin from bananas.
3. Using a slicer, make thin slices of banana and put the slices in salted water.
4. Leave the banana slices in water for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, drain off the water and place the slices on paper towel/kitchen towel and allow it dry for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying on medium flame.
7. When the oil is hot, drop the banana slices and fry until they turn crisp. Always maintain the flame on low-medium. Each batch should take around 20 minutes.
8. Once they are done, place them on paper towel to drain excess oil. Check for salt and if you think it is less, sprinkle little salt while it is still hot.
9. Cool them completely before you store in an airtight container.