1. Idli Rava/ Cream of Rice/ Rice Sooji -1 cup
2. Urad dal - 1/4 cup
3. Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
4. Beaten rice/Poha - 1 tablespoon
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil/Ghee for greasing pan
1. Wash and soak idli rava and poha in water for 4-5 hours.
2. In a separate bowl, wash and soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 4-5 hours.
3. Drain off the water from idli rava and retain the water in urad dal for grinding.
4. First grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds into fine paste, then grind idli rava-poha mixture.
5. Mix together the ground batter and add salt to taste. Ferment for 8-10 hours.
6. Make dosa and add ghee to taste. Serve hot with sambar/chutney.