1. All purpose flour/ Maida - 1 cup
2. Sugar - 1/3 cup
3. Melted butter - 1/4 cup
4. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
6. Oil for deep frying
1. Add sugar and vanilla extract to melted butter and mix well.
2. Take flour in a mixing bowl and add salt and butter mixture. Rub the flour between your palm to get a course texture.
3. Add water little by little and knead the flour into a soft dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Take small marble sized portion of dough and shape into a ball. Place the ball on the back of fork, flatten it and gently roll to form a shell shaped kulkuls. Do the same with remaining dough.
6. Heat oil for deep frying on medium flame.
7. When oil is hot, fry the kulkuls until they turn golden brown. Drain excess oil on a paper towel.
8. Cool them completely before storing in an air tight container.