1. Avoli/Pomfret - 6-7 pieces
2. Onion - 1 medium
3. Tomato - 1 medium
4. Ginger minced - 1 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Green chillies - 2 or as per spice level
8. Tamarind - 1 small lemon sized piece
9. Coconut grated - 1 cup
10.Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
11. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
12. Curry leaves - few
13. Salt to taste
1. Soak tamarind in 1 cup water and extract pulp and keep it aside.
2. Clean and wash the fish. Grind coconut with little water into a fine paste and keep it aside.
3. In a pan preferably mann chatti/earthen pot, add tamarind extract, finely chopped onions, chopped tomato, minced ginger, slit green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
4. Bring it to boil and cook until onions turn soft and translucent.
5. Now add fish and cook until fish is well done.
6. Add coconut paste and bring it to boil and turn off the stove.
7. For seasoning, heat a small pan and add a tablespoon of coconut oil. Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves to it. Add this to curry and serve hot with steam rice.