Batata Kapa is a Goan style preparation of potatoes and it is one of the easiest accompaniment to rice. It is made by shallow frying the potatoes coated with rava. It is very easy to make and it can be made with ingredients readily available in any household.
1. Potato - 2 medium sized
2. Semolina/Rava - 1/4 cup
3. Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Salt as per taste
6. Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Wash and scrape off the skin of potatoes. Cut them in thin slices and soak in water to avoid discoloration.
- In a plate, add rava, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan for pan frying.
- Take each piece of potato from water and pat dry on a kitchen towel. Coat both sides of the slice with rava mixture and pan fry in hot oil. Cover and cook each side on medium flame until the potato slices are well done.
Linking this recipe to "Shhh Cooking Secretly Challenge", event. For the month of February, the theme is to make a Goan cuisine. I am paired up with Priya Iyer who gave me potato and rava as my secret ingredients, and I chose these ingredients to make Batata Kapa
Priya blogs at "The World Through My Eyes".