- Long beans/Yard long beans - 250 gms
- Onion - 1 small
- Dried red chilies - 2-3
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut oil - 2 teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves - 2
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut long beans into small pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dried red chilies, curry leaves and chopped onions. Saute for a minute.
- Add cut long beans, turmeric powder, salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook for around 10 minutes until the beans are well done.
- Meanwhile, take grated coconut and garlic in a mixer and just pulse it couple of times.
- Add the coconut to the long beans and mix well. If there is any water left, leave it uncovered for the water to evaporate. Turn off heat once all the water has evaporated.
Serve as a side dish for steamed rice.