- Peanuts (roasted) - 2 cups
- Besan/Gram flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds/Saunf - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves - 4
- Asafoetida/Hing - 1/8 tsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Roast the peanuts on stove top or using a microwave. Check out this method of roasting peanuts in microwave.
- Crush the fennel seeds and make a paste of garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, take roasted peanuts, besan, 2 tablespoon rice flour, turmeric powder, chili powder, crushed fennel, garlic paste, hing and add salt as per taste.
- Sprinkle water 1 tablespoon at a time and mix everything together. Add enough water till the flour is all wet and the peanuts are well coated.
- Heat oil for deep frying on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add peanuts in batches and deep fry till they turn golden brown.
Note: If you want more reddish colored masala peanuts, omit the turmeric powder and increase the quantity of Kashmiri Chili powder.