1. Rice flour - 1 cup
2. Besan/Gram flour - 1/2 cup
3. Asafoetida - 2 pinch
4. Carom seeds/Omam - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Sesame seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon or as per your spice level
7. Salt to taste
8. Hot oil - 1 teaspoon
9. Butter melted - 1 teaspoon
10. Oil for deep frying
1. Take gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds, asafoetida, sesame seeds, red chilli powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add a tablespoon of hot oil and heated butter to it and combine well with a spoon.
2. Add water little by little and combine to make a soft dough.
3. Heat oil for deep frying on medium heat. Put a handful of dough in a murukku press with thin slit disc(refer pic below). Press it directly into hot oil. Fry on both sides on medium heat until bubbling of oil stops.
4. Remove from oil and drain the excess oil on a kitchen tissue. Store in a airtight container after cooling.
|Murukku Press with thin slit disc|