- Tofu Firm - 16 oz /1 lb/ 450 gm
- Onion chopped - 1/2 cup
- Garlic minced - 3 no.
- Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Spring onion - 3 roots
For the sauce:
1. Soy sauce - 2 tsp
2. Sugar - 1 tsp
3. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Chili flakes - 1 tsp
5. Water - 1/2 cup
- Drain the water from tofu package and cut tofu into small pieces.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable/Olive oil in a pan and place tofu pieces in a single layer. Fry one side for 7-8 minutes. Turn them over and again fry till both sides turn golden brown. Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute till onions turn slightly brown.
- Mix all the ingredients listed in the sauce section in a bowl.
- Add the sauce mixture to the sauteed onion.
- Transfer the tofu back to the pan and mix gently. Keep the flame on high.
- When the sauce thickens, turn off the heat and add a teaspoon of sesame oil, chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.