Makes: 6 vadas
1. Sandwich bread - 4 slices
2. Onion - 1 medium
3. Curd - 2 tablespoon
4. Green chilly - 1
5. Ginger - finely chopped - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Curry leaves - few
7. Baking soda - 1 pinch
8. Rice flour - 1-2 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
10. Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the bread into small pieces and to this add finely chopped onion, curd, finely chopped green chilli, ginger, curry leaves and baking soda. Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of rice flour and mix well to form a dough. Add more rice flour if the dough is little loose.
2. Heat oil for deep frying. When oil is hot, take small portion of mixture, flatten it between your palms and make a small hole in the center. Drop them in oil and fry on low-medium flame until golden brown.
3. Once done, take out from oil and drain excess oil in a paper towel.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup and cup of tea.