1. Black eyed peas- 1/2 cup
2. Pumpkin - 2 cups chopped
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
4. Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
5. Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Dried whole red chillies - 2-3
7. Green chillies - 2
8. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
9. Oil - 1 teaspoon
10. Salt to taste
1. Soak black eyed peas in water for 4-5 hours.
2. Pressure cook soaked black eyed peas, cut pumpkin, turmeric powder, slit green chillies and salt to taste for upto 5 whistles.
3. Grind coconut and cumin seeds into fine paste. Add this to cooked black eyed peas.
4. Boil the black eyed peas and pumpkin for 10 more minutes. Take off the stove.
5. For tempering, heat a teaspoon of oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dried red chillies and transfer the tempering to curry and mix well.
Serve with rice/chapathi.