1. Ayala meen/Mackerel - 2 medium sized
2. Onion - 1 small
3. Tomato - 1 small
4. Garlic - 4-5 cloves
5. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
6. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
7. Fenugreek powder - 2 pinches
8. Tamarind - 1 small lemon sized piece
9. Coconut oil - 3 teaspoon
10. Curry leaves - few
11. Green chillies - 1-2
11. Salt to taste
1. Soak tamarind in 1 cup water and extract pulp and keep it aside.
2. Clean and wash the fishes and cut into pieces.
3. In a pan preferably mann chatti/earthen pot, add tamarind extract, finely chopped onions, tomato, slit green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
4. Bring it to boil and cook until onions turn soft and translucent.
5. Now add fish pieces and cook until fish is well done.
6. Add fenugreek powder, curry leaves, crushed garlic and coconut oil and turn off the stove.
7. Cover and keep for 5 minutes before serving.