Adapted from: Allrecipes.com
1. All purpose flour - 1.5 cup
2. Sugar - 1/2 cup
3. Egg - 1 medium
4. Oil - 1/4 cup
5. Baking powder - 1/2 tablespoon
6. Almond extract - 2 teaspoon
7. Almond slices - 1/4 cup (optional)
8. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and grease a cookie sheet or line them with parchment paper.
2. Combine all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep them aside.
3. In a bowl, add egg, oil, sugar and almond extract and beat well using a hand mixer. To this add the flour mixture and almond slices and knead into a dough.
4. Divide the dough into two and roll them lengthwise along the cookie sheet with 1/2 inch thickness(see figure 2 below).
5. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until the surface turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack for around 10 minutes. Slice the cookie widthwise into 1 inch slices. Place the slices back into cookie sheet with cut side facing up and bake for 5 minutes on each side.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy with a cup of tea.
|Figure 2- Before baking|