1. Nenthra pazham / Kerala banana - 2 large well-ripened
2. Ghee - 1/4 cup
3. Sugar - 1/2 cup
4. Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Take a heavy bottomed vessel and add sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Turn on the stove on medium flame.
2. Once the sugar melts, add finely chopped bananas and cook until bananas are soft. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom of vessel. This takes around 15 minutes.
3. Add ghee and mix well. Cook on medium flame and stir continuously. Cook until bananas turn dark brown in color and the ghee starts to separate from halwa. It takes around 45 minutes to get to this stage.
4. Add cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the flame.
5. Transfer the halwa on a greased cookie sheet or similar container, level the halwa and allow it to set for around 1 hr. Cut into desired shape and serve.