1. Fine rice flour - 1 cup
2. Urad dal - 1/4 cup
3. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
4. Black Sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
5. Asafoetida - 2-3 pinches
5. Ghee/Butter - 1 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Oil for deep frying
1. Wash urad dal in water and pressure cook upto 2 whistles on medium-high flame with 1/2 cup water.
2. Once the urad dal cools down, grind it into a fine paste. Add rice flour, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida, salt and ghee to urad dal paste. Mix it thoroughly to form a soft dough.
3. Fill the dough in a Murukku maker and shape into murukku on a greased plate.
4. Deep fry in low-medium flame until murukku is light golden brown in color.
Enjoy cooking and share your thoughts with me.