Zucchini Broccoli soup is one of the easiest soups to make with minimal ingredients. This creamy soup is loaded with nutrients and fiber. It is the perfect addition to your meal on a cold day. You can make this dairy-free by replacing dairy milk with coconut milk. Enjoy this delicious soup with your family.
- Zucchini - 2 cups diced
- Broccoli - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder - as per your preference
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Sauté onion until they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic pods, diced zucchini, and broccoli florets and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and turn off the stove.
- Let the mixer cool for some time before you put them in a blender.
- Make a fine puree with a hand blender or blender.
- Sprinkle a dash of pepper powder and enjoy this warm soup.
Linking this recipe for the "Sshhh cooking secretly" event on Facebook. As part of this challenge, a theme is selected at the beginning of the month by one of the participants. All the members are grouped in pairs. The participants will exchange 2 secret ingredients with their partners who are supposed to prepare a dish that matches the theme of that month. This month's theme is "Soups" chosen by Priya who blogs at The World Through My Eyes. Priya happens to be my partner for this month as well.
Priya gave me onion and pepper powder and I gave her garlic and coconut milk as her secret ingredients. Priya came up with a very soothing and healthy carrot soup with coconut milk. She has a collection of interesting recipes, of which few to mention include "Hyacinth Bean Stir-Fry With Fenugreek Dumplings" and "Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bites".