This is one of the easiest and guilt-free ice cream recipes. This does not contain milk, eggs, or sugar. My kids are always super excited about this ice cream. They always like to eat it even before I freeze it.
I used Chiquita banana for the recipe but you can replace it with a small variety but make sure to increase the number to 5-6. Almonds can be replaced with cashews. I used Tunisian dates but you can use other varieties as well. Depending upon the size of the dates and your sweet preference, you can change the numbers used.
- Banana - 2 large(Chiquita)
- Almonds - 20 nos.
- Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Dates - 10
- Cut banana into thin slices and freeze it for at least 8 hours.
- Soak the almonds in water for 2 hours.
- Once the almonds are soaked, peel the skin off and set aside.
- Soak the dates for 5 minutes in warm water.
- Take a blender/grinder and add frozen bananas, soaked and peeled almonds, cocoa powder, dates, and vanilla essence. Grind them into a fine paste by adding 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 8-10 hours.
Serve the ice cream in a cone or bowl.
"Shhhhh Cooking Secretly" is a monthly challenge in the Facebook group. At the beginning of the month, a theme is chosen by one of the participants and all the participants are grouped in pairs. The participants will exchange 2 secret ingredients with their partners who are supposed to prepare a dish that matches the theme of that month.
This month's theme was "Frozen Treats" and it was chosen by Pavani Gunikuntla who blogs at Pavanis Kitchen. I am so glad she chose this theme for hot summer days. Do check Pavani's blog for "Easy Oreo Ice Cream". It looks super delicious and very easy to make.
My partner for April 2021 is Mayuri Patel. She gave me bananas and dates as my secret ingredients. I gave her passion fruit and cream. She made a very unique 'Passion fruit and Tree Tomato Ice Cream'. Please do check her blog for the recipe and to read the interesting write-up about the history of ice cream and her memories associated with it. Her blog has a wide collection of delicious recipes. Some of them which I want to try very soon include "Mango and Vanilla Panna Cotta" and "Vanilla Pudding".