- Chicken - 1 kg
- Onion - 2 large
- Tomato - 2 medium
- Ginger and Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Green chili - 2 or as per your spice level
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder - 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 3 teaspoon
- Chicken masala - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 3 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, a teaspoon of black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan and add 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
3. Add thinly sliced onions and saute till they start to turn light brown in color.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and green chilies and saute till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp pepper powder, coriander powder and chicken masala. Mix well and fry for a minute.
6. Add sliced tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes turn mushy.
7. Add the cooked chicken along with the stock. Mix well and turn the heat on high and till all the liquid evaporates and the gravy becomes thick.
7. Garnish with more curry leaves and serve as a side dish for chapathi/rice.