Green Peas Egg Stir Fry is a perfect side dish for chapathi. It is very easy to make and can be done in less than 30 minutes. This is one of the street-style dishes which you get in Kerala.
- Green peas - frozen/fresh - 1 cup
- Eggs - 3
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilies - 2-3
- Ginger minced - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Defrost green peas if you are using frozen ones.
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced ginger, slit green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and stir everything well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the green peas and a couple of tablespoons of water. Cover and cook until the green peas are well done.
- If the water is still left in the pan, keep the cover off and let all the water evaporate.
- At this stay, crack in eggs and keep stirring until eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and the dish is ready to serve. Serve it as a side dish for rice or chapathi.
This month's theme of "Healthy Ideas" was suggested by our group admins Renu and Mayuri ji. My partner for this month's "Sshhh Challenge" is Priya Vijaykrishnan who blogs at Sweet, Spicy, Tasty.
She gave me ginger and green chilies and I came up with this dish. I gave her cabbage and curry leaves and she prepared a very delicious cabbage kootu. Priya's blog has a variety of recipes that are a must-try. One among them is Thiruvadhirai Kali. I have seen so many photos of the Thiruvadhirai Kali dish in the month of December and I have been thinking of making it. Priya does have a detailed recipe for the same which I am planning to make.