1. Chana dal/Kadala Parippu - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 medium sized
3. Ginger - 1/4 inch finely chopped
4. Green chillies - 1-2 nos.
5. Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
6. Coriander leaves - 2 sprig
7. Curry leaves - few chopped
8. Salt to taste
9. Oil for deep frying
1. Soak chana dal for 2-3 hours. Drain the water completely. Keep 1 tablespoon of dal aside and coarsely grind rest of the dal without any water.
2. Add finely chopped onion,ginger, green chillies, red chilli powder, cut coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt to dal paste. Also add 1 tablespoon of dal which was kept aside and mix well.
3. Make small lemon sized balls and flatten it with your palm. Deep fry these in hot oil in low-medium heat until dark brown in color.
Serve with tomato ketchup and a cup of tea.