1. Toor Dal - 1/2 cup
2. Onion - 1 small sized
3. Green chillies - 1-2
4. Coconut - 3-4 tablespoon grated
5. Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Garlic - 3 cloves
7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Dried red chillies - 2
9. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
10. Curry leaves - few
11. Oil - 2 teaspoon
12. Salt to taste
1. Wash and pressure cook dal along with thinly sliced onion until soft and mushy.
2. Grind coconut, garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
3. Transfer the cooked dal into a saucepan. Add water to desired consistency and bring it to boil. Add slit green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and ground coconut paste. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
4. For seasoning, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, dried red chillies and curry leaves. Add this to dal curry and turn off the heat.
Serve with rice.