1. Chicken - 1lb/0.45kg
2. Capsicum / Bell Peppers - 1/2 cup diced
3. Onion - 1 large
4. Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
5. Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
6. Green chillies - 1-2 no.
7. Tomato - 1 medium sized
8. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
9. Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon
9. Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
10. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
11. Coriander leaves - little for garnishing
12. Oil - 3 tablespoon
13. Salt to taste
1. Grind tomatoes and keep it aside.
2. Wash and cut chicken into small pieces.
3. Add a tablespoon of oil in hot pan and fry diced capsicum for 3-5 minutes. Keep them aside.
4. In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil. Add finely chopped onions and fry until they start to turn brown. Then add ginger-garlic paste and fry for couple of minutes. Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook until oil separates.
5. Add chicken, 1 cup of water and garam masala. Cover and cook until chicken becomes soft and tender. It takes around 20-25 minutes on medium flame.
6. Add fried capsicum and turn off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with chapathi.