1. Rava/Sooji - 1 cup
2. Sugar - little less than 1/2 cup
3. Ghee - 1 tablespoon
4. Oil - 1 tablespoon
5. Vanilla essence - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Saffron /Kesari - 3-5 strands (Since I didn't have kesari with me, I added turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon)
7. Salt - 1 pinch
8. Hot Water - 4 cups
9. Raisins and cashew for garnishing
1. Heat a non-stick pan. Dry roast rava for around 10 minutes on medium flame with continuous stirring.
2. Add oil, sugar, salt and mix well.
3. Add 4 cups of hot water little by little, stir well and make sure there are no lumps. If you are adding saffron, mix it with 1 tablespoon hot milk and add to rava mix. Otherwise you can add turmeric powder. Cook for 7-10 more minutes until the rava becomes soft.
4. Finally add ghee and vanilla essence and turn off the heat.
5. Garnish with raisins/cashew.