Whole wheat pizza is a guilt-free version of Veg Pizza I made before. My DH could not differentiate between the whole wheat one versus the all-purpose flour. Both had the same texture and taste, so why not opt for a healthier version?
1. Whole wheat flour - 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups
2. Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast - 1 envelope(7g/ 1/4 oz)
3. Sugar - 1 1/2 teaspoon
4. Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
5. Very warm water - 2/3 cup
6. Oil - 3 tablespoon
For pizza sauce:
1. Tomato - 2 medium sized
2. Onion - 1 small sized
3. Garlic - 2-3 cloves
4. Green chilli - 1 small (optional)
5. Italian seasoning(includes thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano) - 1 tablespoon
6. Olive oil - 1 teaspoon
7. Salt to taste
Toppings(include as per your choice)
1. Mozzarella cheese - generous amount
3. Capsicum - red and green
Making of dough:
1. Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add warm water and oil. Mix well for a minute.
3. Add rest of the flour little by little until you get a soft dough. Dough will be sticky.
4. Flour the work surface and knead the dough for around 4 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic.
Making of pizza sauce:
1. Blend tomato, onion, green chilli and garlic into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add Italian seasoning spice mix and fry for few seconds.
3. Add the ground paste and salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Allow it to cool and the pizza sauce is now ready.
Assembling and baking:
1. Preheat oven to 425 deg F.
2. Grease the pizza pan and placed the rolled dough in it.
3. Spread the pizza sauce and top it with diced veggies and cheese.