1. Rice(Sona Masoori/ Basmathi) -1 cup
2. Coconut(grated) - 1/2 cup
3. Peanuts - 2 tablespoon
4. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Dried red chillies - 2-3
7. Oil - 1 tablespoon
8. Salt to taste
9. Cilantro for garnishing
1. Wash and boil rice with 2 cups of water and keep it aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat a tablespoon of oil and splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add cumin seeds and peanuts and saute until peanuts turn brown in color.
4. Add dried red chillies and salt to taste and turn the heat to low.
5. Add cooked rice and coconut and mix well. Turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro.