Serving: Makes 8 poori
1. Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
2. Methi leaves - 1/2 cup loosely packed
3. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Ajwain/Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Salt - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
6. Oil - 2 teaspoon to add to flour
7. Oil - for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, finely chopped methi leaves, red chilli powder, ajwain, salt and 2 teaspoon of oil. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
2. Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.
3. Rest the dough for at least 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil for deep frying in a saucepan.
5. Make small balls of dough and roll out into thin circles. Deep fry in oil and drain excess oil in a paper towel.
Serve with curry of your choice or it can be served as it is, as an evening snack.