Wishing everyone a very Happy Sankranti/Pongal. Sankranti or Pongal is a harvest festival celebrated during the end of harvest season.
Peanut and Sesame ladoo and chikki are famous during Sankranti.
Peanut Ladoo is made with just 2 ingredients: Peanuts and Jaggery. It is one healthy snack packed with proteins.
Serving: Makes 10 ladoos
1. Peanuts unsalted - 1 cup
2. Jaggery grated - 1/2 cup
3. Oil - for greasing hands
1. Dry roast peanuts on medium flame stirring continuously until you get nice aroma of peanuts and they turn golden brown in color.
2. Remove from stove and let it cool for around 5 minutes. Remove the skin of peanuts by rubbing the peanuts between your palm.
3. Slightly crush the peanuts using a pestle and mortar and then keep them aside.
4. Heat a large pan and add grated jaggery and 2 tablespoon of water.
5. Boil until jaggery melts and the syrup thickens. Turn off the flame when the syrup has the consistency of honey.
6. Add roasted peanuts and mix well.
7. Allow the mixture to cool for few minutes and then make small balls by greasing your hand. Instead of making balls, you can also spoon the mixture on a greased plate.
The ladoo thickens after cooling completely.