1. Beetroot - 2 medium sized
2. Shallots - 2 nos.
3. Coconut grated - 2-3 tablespoon
4. Green chilli - 1
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Curry leaves - few
7. Oil - 1 tablespoon
8. Salt to taste
1. Grate the beetroot and keep it aside.
2. Coarsely grind shallots, grated coconut and green chilli and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
4. Add curry leaves and coarsely ground mixture. Saute for a minute and add grated beetroot and salt to taste.
5. Cook on medium flame for around 5 minutes and turn off the flame.
This can be served as a side dish for rice. Instead of adding grated beetroot, you can add finely chopped ones, in which case you need to pressure cook the beetroot first and then add to the ground mixture.