This granola recipe is easy to make and much healthier than the store bought granola. I have added peanuts and almonds in this but you can customize with the nuts and dried fruits of your choice. You can add dried cranberries, dried cherries, walnuts, pecans or even choco chips.
1. Old fashioned rolled oats - 2 cups
2. Roasted peanuts and almonds - 1/3 cup
3. Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
4. Honey - 4 tablespoon
5. Brown sugar - 4 tablespoon
6. Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
Method:1. Dry roast oats for 10 minutes on medium flame with continuous stirring.
2. Once done, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil, honey, brown sugar and salt. When the sugar melts and starts to thicken, add the roasted oats, roasted peanuts and almonds. Mix well to coat the oats with honey-sugar syrup. Turn off the heat and transfer into a greased plate or a plate lined with parchment paper.
4. Allow it to cool completely before storing in a air tight container.