These diamond cuts are super crispy and they are quite different from the ones that my mom makes. My mom's diamond cuts are sugar coated and contain no eggs.
1. All-purpose flour/Maida - 2 cups
2. Sugar - 3/4 cup
3. Egg - 1
4. Salt - 1/4 tsp
5. Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
6. Lukewarm water - 1/2 cup
7. Oil for deep frying
1. Thoroughly mix all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and a beaten egg. Add lukewarm water to this and make soft dough.
2. Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep aside for an hour.
3. Take small pieces of dough, flatten it with rolling pin and cut into diamond shapes.
4. Deep fry in oil under medium flame until golden brown.
Enjoy these delicious crispy diamond cuts and share your thoughts with me.