Makes: 8 cutlets
1. Sweet potato - 2 medium
2. Sweet corn(frozen) - 1/2 cup
3. Scallion/Spring onion - 2 nos. finely chopped
4. Coriander leaves/Cilantro (chopped) - 2 tablespoon
5. Cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
6. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
8. Rice flour - 1 tablespoon
9. Lime juice- 1/2 teaspoon
10. Salt to taste
11. Oil for shallow frying - 1/4 cup
1. Cook sweet potato with skin-on in boiling water in a pressure cooker or an open vessel. Alternatively, you can cook in an microwave. Wrap the sweet potato(with skin) in a paper towel and microwave for 4 to 7 minutes. Time varies depending on the power of your microwave and size of sweet potato. To check if it is well done, just insert a knife through the sweet potato and it should slide in smoothly.
2. Remove the skin off the sweet potato and mash it well. To this add, frozen corn, finely chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, red chili powder, cumin powder, lime juice, rice flour, breadcrumbs and salt to taste. Mix well to form a dough.
If you think the dough is bit watery, then add more breadcrumbs.
3. Take a small portion of dough (lemon sized) and shape it into patties.
4. Shallow fry the patties on medium flame until both side turn golden brown.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
I usually make sweet potato pattis during fasting days. I will definitely try out your recipe of adding corn and spring onion.ReplyDelete
Full flavour fulll looks fantastic . U have done great job anu.ReplyDelete