- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Black sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Hot oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Take wheat flour in a clean white cotton cloth and tie in a bundle.
- Steam it in a steamer for 15 minutes.
- After steaming, the flour forms a big lump. Powder it in mixer-grinder to form a fine powder.
- Take the steamed flour in a mixing bowl and add salt, chili powder, cumin seeds, black sesame seeds, asafoetida and 2 tablespoon hot oil.
- Mix everything together and add enough water to make a dough.
- Use a star plate of murukku maker and deep fry murukku on medium flame.
- Wait for the murukku to cool down and enjoy these soft, crunchy and delicious snack.
Check out the video recipe on youtube.