Green Peas Egg Stir Fry is a perfect side dish for chapathi. It is very easy to make and can be done in less than 30 minutes. This is one of the street-style dishes which you get in Kerala.
- Green peas - frozen/fresh - 1 cup
- Eggs - 3
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilies - 2-3
- Ginger minced - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Defrost green peas if you are using frozen ones.
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced ginger, slit green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and stir everything well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the green peas and a couple of tablespoons of water. Cover and cook until the green peas are well done.
- If the water is still left in the pan, keep the cover off and let all the water evaporate.
- At this stay, crack in eggs and keep stirring until eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and the dish is ready to serve. Serve it as a side dish for rice or chapathi.
This month's theme of "Healthy Ideas" was suggested by our group admins Renu and Mayuri ji. My partner for this month's "Sshhh Challenge" is Priya Vijaykrishnan who blogs at Sweet, Spicy, Tasty.
She gave me ginger and green chilies and I came up with this dish. I gave her cabbage and curry leaves and she prepared a very delicious cabbage kootu. Priya's blog has a variety of recipes that are a must-try. One among them is Thiruvadhirai Kali. I have seen so many photos of the Thiruvadhirai Kali dish in the month of December and I have been thinking of making it. Priya does have a detailed recipe for the same which I am planning to make.
Love the flavor and nutrition profle of this curry. Under 30 minutes is always a great recipe to whip up meals. This is great one!ReplyDelete
Such a wonderful recipe of egg bhurji with green peas. I have never tried with green peas so will definitely try making some.ReplyDelete
Egg bhurji with paratha is my hubby's favourite. Yours looks so delicious. Love the addition of green peas hereReplyDelete
Wow the classic egg burji with peas. Such a wonderful hot breakfast to enjoy, filling and healthy.ReplyDelete
Egg masala with fresh peas looks super delicious. A wonderful way to enhance the taste of the usual egg bhurjiReplyDelete
A flavourful curry for those who love eggs. I love how you have made the dish more hearty with the addition of green peas. 🙂ReplyDelete
Egg masala with green peas is so nutritious and delicious.It is so quick and easy to make . Just need some phulkas to polish it off.ReplyDelete
Green peas egg stir fry looks so delicious! I often make its veg version with paneer.ReplyDelete
Green Peas and egg combination looks great. I felt crumbled egg as paneer :), liked the way you served it with chapathi's.ReplyDelete
Wow makeover of humble egg bhurji. Egg bhurji with tomato, green peas and curry leaves sounds so delicious and flavorful. Who can say no to this delicious egg bhurji.ReplyDelete
combo of eggs and peas makes it such a protein rich dish!ReplyDelete
Protein rich green peas egg stir fry looks so delicious. So quick and easy to make tooReplyDelete
Green Peas Egg Stir Fry seems so perfect side dish with chapati. So easy to make within 30 minutes, this is ready to serve !ReplyDelete
Tasty looking curry. I am sure it will be a super hit with egg loversReplyDelete
This is surely one of the easiest sides to make with enough protein in it. I like the yellos and greens together in this dish.ReplyDelete