1. Wild rice - 1/4 cup
2. Basmati rice - 3/4 cup
3. Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
4. Green chilli paste - 1 teaspoon
5. Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
6. Cloves - 4-5
7. Cardamom - 1
8. Carrots, beans, green peas - 1 cup
9. Onion - 1 medium
10. Cilantro - a handful
11. Mint leaves chopped - 1 tablespoon
12. Oil - 1 tablespoon
13. Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak wild rice in water for at least 10 hours. This will reduce the cooking time.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for few seconds and add thinly sliced onion. Saute until onions turn translucent.
3. Add ginger-garlic and green chilli paste and saute for few more seconds.
4. Add chopped vegetable mix, 1.5 cup of water and salt to taste.
5. When the water starts to boil, add washed basmati rice and wild rice. Cook on low flame until all the water evaporates.
Serve with yogurt and cucumber slices.
Post a Comment