1. Spring Onion - 1 bunch
2. Tomato - 2 large
3. Onion - 1 medium
4. Garlic cloves - 6-8
5. Green chillies - 1-2
6. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
7. Oil - 2 teaspoon
8. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop spring onions into fine pieces.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and saute chopped spring onion, chopped onion and garlic. Saute until onions turn translucent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and saute until tomatoes turn mushy.
4. Allow the mixture to cool down and blend everything together along with salt into a fine paste.
5. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Transfer the seasoning into chutney and chutney is ready to serve.
Linking this recipe to "Shhh Cooking Secretly Challenge", an event started by Priya. For the month of July, I am paired up with Shailaja Reddy who gave me Spring Onion and Tomato as my secret ingredients and here is my delicious chutney with these two ingredients.
Shailaja blogs at http://sahasravantalu.blogspot.in/
Easy recipe and the chutney looks yum! Will try it out for sure. Spring onions and tomato, such a nice combination! Sujata Shukla from PepperOnPizza.comReplyDelete
Challenging ingredients but amazing outcome :)ReplyDelete
Wow Anu such a lip smacking chutney, must be very flavourful.ReplyDelete
oh wow.. no doubt in taste, this must be really tasty :)ReplyDelete