1. Potatoes - 2 medium
2. Spinach - washed and chopped - 2 cups
3. Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
6. Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon
7. Asafoetida - a pinch
8. Oil - 2 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut potatoes into small cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. After they crackle add asafoetida powder and cut potatoes.
3. Sprinkle salt to taste. Cover and cook until potatoes are soft and well cooked.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute for a minute and then add chopped spinach.
5. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes and turn off the heat.
This dish can be served with chapathi or as a side dish for rice.