1. Lemon - 6-7 no.
2. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
3. Red chilli powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
4. Fenugreek powder - 1 pinch
5. Asafoetida - 1/8 teaspoon
6. Garlic - 6-7 cloves
7. Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
8. Salt - approx. 5 teaspoon
9. Oil (preferably gingelly/sesame oil) - 2 tablespoon
1. Wash and cut each of the lemons into small wedges.
2. Put the lemon pieces in boiled and cooled water and add around 4 teaspoon of salt. Transfer into an air tight container and keep in refrigerator for around 5-7 days. This makes the lemon absorb the salt and makes the lemon peel tender.
3. After the resting period, drain and discard the water completely.
4. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add garlic slices and fry for couple of minutes.
5. Reduce the flame to low and then add asafoetida, fenugreek powder, red chilli powder and salt(around 1/2 teaspoon).
4. Turn off the flame immediately and add the lemon pieces.
5. Add vinegar and allow the pickle to cool completely. Store in a air tight glass container.