1. Gram flour/Besan - 1 cup
2. Sugar - 1 and 1/2 cup
3. Water - 2 cup
4. Cardamom - 3 nos. crushed
5. Cloves - 3 nos. crushed
6. Cashew nuts - 10 nos.
7. Raisins - 2 tbsp
8. Salt - a pinch
9. Oil for deep frying
1. Mix gram flour in 3/4 cup of water. The batter must be of dosa batter consistency.
2. For sugar syrup: Add sugar to 1 cup of water along with cardamom and cloves and boil until the sugar solution slightly thickens. Make sure you turn off the stove when the sugar syrup thickens. It took me 7 mins(after the solution started to boil) to thicken on a high flame. Overheating will crystallize the sugar syrup and you will not be able to make ladoos with it.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Pour the batter in a perforated ladle(shown below) by keeping the ladle just above the oil. Boondi formed should be fried for a minute. Remove from oil and put in sugar syrup.
4. After you make all the boondi, add cashew nuts, raisins and a pinch of salt to soaked boondi and give it a good mix.
5. Start making the ladoos when is slightly warm and store in a air tight container.