This month's 'International Food Challenge' event takes us to Russia. Saraswathi gave us 3 dishes to choose namely:
1. Medovik – Honey cake
2. Blini – Russian pancake
3. Russian Borscht – Soup with vegetarian and meat version
I chose Blini, a Russian Pancake. These pancakes are easy to make and are best suited for a quick breakfast. They are paper thin and tastes best when eaten warm. These can be served with jam.
Recipe Source: Russian Bites
Serving: Makes 8 pancakes
1. All purpose flour - 1 cup
2. Milk - 1 cup
3. Egg - 1
4. Sugar - 1 tablespoon
5. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
6. Oil - 1 tablespoon + little for greasing the pan
1. Beat an egg and to this add milk, sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix well.
2. Add all-purpose flour and mix thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
3. Keep the batter for resting for around 15 minutes.
4. To make pancakes, heat a non-stick skillet and spread few drops of oil for greasing the skillet.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter on the skillet and immediately spread the batter into a thin layer by rotating the skillet in circular motion.
6. Cook on both sides on medium-high heat.
Serve hot with your favorite jam.
G'day Your blini looks delish!ReplyDelete
Congrats on completing this month's challenge too!