Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/boterkoek-dutch-butter-cake/
Serving: Makes 1 8 inch round cake
1. All-purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
2. Butter, softened - 1/2 cup
3. Sugar - 3/4 cup
4. Egg - 1 beaten
5. Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
6. Almond extract - 1 teaspoon
7. Almond slices - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 8 inch round cake pan.
2. Mix together all-purpose flour and baking powder and keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg, reserving a teaspoon of it to brush over the top. Stir in the almond extract. Add the flour and baking powder mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon. The dough will be stiff.
4. Press evenly into the greased pan. Press almond slices into the top and brush the top with reserved egg.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Linking this recipe to "International Food Challenge", an event by Sara.
looks really so rich...ReplyDelete