1. Black beans - 1/2 cup
2. Avocado - 1
3. Hamburger buns - 4
4. Onion - 1 medium sized
5. Garlic - 2-3 cloves
6. Pepper powder/Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Oil - 2 tablespoon
8. Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak black beans in water for around 8 hours.
2. Add around 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles until well done.
3. Strain the water and separate the beans. This water can be used while making curries or rasam.
4. Allow the beans to cool completely and put it in blender for 30-40 seconds to make a course paste. Alternately you can even mash them with a fork.
5. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a small pan and saute minced garlic and finely chopped onions until they turn translucent. Take a large mixing bowl and add bean paste, sauteed onions, salt and pepper powder. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Take a handful of this mixture, pat it into disc and set aside.
6. Heat a skillet on medium flame, place these patties and drizzle little oil over them. Reduce the flame to low-medium.
7. Cook for 4 minutes, flip carefully and cook for another 4 minutes.
8. Slice the avocado and keep it ready.
9. Now it is the time to assemble the burger. Take a bun, open the top half, place a bean patty, few slices of avocado and place back the top half. Serve immediately.
If you wish to eat after a while, you can add lime juice on avocado slices to prevent them from browning.
These bean patties can be made in bulk and stored in freezer. Whenever needed you just need to defrost it by heating on skillet/microwave oven.
Also try a different version of this burger made with red kidney beans/rajma.
Post a Comment