1. Chickpea flour/Besan - 1/2 cup
2. Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
3. Fine rava/semolina - 2 tablespoon
4. Butter - 4 tablespoon
5. Brown sugar - 4-5 tablespoon
6. Salt - a pinch
7. Cardamom - 2
8. Milk - 1-2 tablespoon
9. Oil - 1 teaspoon for greasing pan
1. Grease a plate/baking tray with oil and keep it aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan on medium heat and add chickpea flour, wheat flour and semolina. Stir continuously and fry until the flour turns light brown in color. Check if you get the bitterness of chickpea flour. If yes, continue roasting for few more minutes. Uncooked chickpea flour tastes bitter.
3. Once the flour is well roasted, add a pinch of salt, brown sugar, powdered cardamom and a tablespoon of milk. Mix well and check for sugar. Once the sugar melts, the flour mixture turns into a thick paste.
4. Transfer this mixture into a greased plate and let it cool completely.
5. Slice the burfi into desired shape and serve.
Post a Comment