1. Beetroot - 2 medium
2. Onion - 1 medium
3. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
4. Cumin seeds/ Jeera - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Urad dal - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Green chillies - 1 or as per taste
7. Dried red chilli - 1
8. Grated coconut - 3 tablespoon
9. Curry leaves - few
10. Coriander leaves for garnishing
11. Oil - 2 teaspoon
12. Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
13. Salt to taste
1.Wash and remove the skin of beetroot. Cut them into small pieces. Pressure cook with 1/2 cup water, slit green chilli and salt to taste for 1 whistle.
2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and saute until they turn golden brown. Add Cumin seeds, split dried red chillies, curry leaves and finely chopped onion. Saute until onions turn translucent.
3. Add cooked beetroot along with any water left after pressure cooking. Mix well and cook until all the water evaporates.
4. Finally add grated coconut and turn off the flame. Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
Karnataka style beetroot palya is ready. Serve as a side dish for rice.
Post a Comment