1. Amaranth Leaves(Avare Soppu in Kannada) - 2 bunches
2. Onion - 1 medium
3. Garlic cloves - 4-5
4. Dried red chilli - 2
5. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
6. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
8. Oil - 1 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash amaranth leaves along with the stem. We just need to remove the stem just above the roots which will be very fibrous. Finely chop the leaves.
2. Heat oil in a wide vessel and splutter mustard seeds. Add finely chopped onion and dried red chillies and saute till onion turn translucent.
3. Add finely chopped leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add grated coconut, mix well and turn off the flame.
Serve as a side dish with rice.
|Green Amaranth Leaves|
Post a Comment