1. Green gram/ whole moong dal/ cherupayar - 1/2 cup
2. Tapioca/ kappa - 1 cup
3. Coconut - handful
4. Dried Red chilli - 2
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Curry leaves - few
7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Oil - 1 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Soak green gram in water for couple of hours. Wash and pressure cook for around 15 minutes with enough water, salt and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder. Keep it aside once done.
2. Remove the skin of tapioca and wash it thoroughly. Cut into small cubes and pressure cook for 1 whistle by adding water, salt and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder. Water level should be well above the tapioca. Once cooked, drain off the water completely.
3. In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add dried red chilli, curry leaves, cooked green gram and tapoica. Mash the contents with a laddle. Add grated coconut and turn off the flame after couple of minutes.
Post a Comment