Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cooking Brown Rice in Rice Cooker


I have tried many ways to cook brown rice. Cooking it in pressure cooker will make the rice soggy and I usually have to heat it again to remove the excess moisture from rice grains. I do not prefer pressure cooking since I don't get the same results always. Finally I decided to try using my electric rice cooker. Since the brown rice is little harder than the white rice, I decided to soak in hot water for atleast an hour. It took 45 minutes to cook in rice cooker and to my surprise I got perfectly cooked brown rice. 

Ingredients:
1. Brown Rice - 1 cup
2. Water - 3 cups

Method:
1. Soak brown rice in hot water atleast for 1 hour. 

2. Wash the rice and transfer into electric rice cooker. Add 3 cups of water and turn on the rice cooker. 

3. It takes around 45 minutes to get perfectly cooked brown rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment