Serving: Makes 8 poori
1. Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
2. Carrot - 1
3. Zucchini - 1
4. Ajwain/Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Salt - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
6. Oil - 2 teaspoon to add to flour
7. Oil - for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, grated carrot, grated zucchini, ajwain, salt and 2 teaspoon of oil. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
I removed the skin of zucchini, but it can be used with skin-on.
2. Make a stiff dough combining all together. The moisture content in zucchini and carrot is good enough to make dough and there is no need to add any additional water.
3. Rest the dough for at least 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil for deep frying in a saucepan.
5. Make small balls of dough and roll out into thin circles. Deep fry in oil and drain excess oil in a paper towel.
Serve with potato bhaji or it can be served as it is, as an evening snack.
Post a Comment